We're nearly 100 days into Kindergarten and The B has been late nearly as often as he has been absent (which is a lot). I have plenty of talents, but getting somewhere at the same time, every day, five days per week is SOOOOOO hard for me. If it's easy for you - congratulations - I'm happy for you, I am. It is terribly difficult for me.
I have a plan for avoiding these shenanigans next year (hallelujah!) For now though, I have compiled a short list of some of the reasons we have been late this year. Enjoy.
- His pants have slightly damp pockets because they didn't dry properly. They are his only clean sweats. Jeans are not an acceptable option. (This is also why he is wearing slightly damp pants.)
- He hid one of his boots and pretended he couldn't find it.
- A morning snuggle session ran a little long.
- I turned the wrong way (twice).
- He didn't like the snack I packed and removed it from his backpack. I put it back. He took it out. I put it back. (This is also why he does not have a snack.)
- He refused to wear boots despite the foot+ of snow on the ground. Arguments ensued.
- He couldn't find clean sweat pants. (This is also why he is wearing pajama pants.)
- He doesn't want to go at all and it took me 10 minutes to find the right bribe and/or consequence to convince him it's in his best interest.
- He saw what I packed him for lunch and requested all but one item be removed. Arguments ensued.
- His inner Cheetah (his words not mine) which was the bane of my existence last night, has turned into an inner Sloth (again, his words).
- There were 10 minutes worth of interesting things to observe/touch/discuss between the house and the car.
- He had to poop.
MORE FROM STEVIE ON PARENTING (CLICK HERE)